turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sar042397

Do I need to attach my w2's to my return I am mailing in to state and federal? Will they direct deposit or will they mail me a check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to attach my w2's to my return I am mailing in to state and federal? Will they direct deposit or will they mail me a check?

Yes, when you mail in your tax return you must attach your W-2's to your Federal & State return.  Copy B goes with your Federal return and Copy 1 goes with your State return.

If you selected to receive your refund by direct deposit when you when through the file interview, then you will receive your refund by direct deposit.

Assemble Your Federal Return

Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040 in order of the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last. Do not attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so. Attach Forms W-2 and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. If you received a Form W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), attach your original Forms W-2 and any Forms W-2c. Attach Forms W-2G and 1099-R to the front of Form 1040 if tax was withheld.

-----------------------------

Your can check your State's website for instructions on how to assemble your State return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
snolan

Yes you must include a w2 with both returns If you provided direct deposit information and marked for direct deposit it should get deposited into your bank account

Yes, when you mail in your tax return you must attach your W-2's to your Federal & State return.  Copy B goes with your Federal return and Copy 1 goes with your State return.

If you selected to receive your refund by direct deposit when you when through the file interview, then you will receive your refund by direct deposit.

Assemble Your Federal Return

Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040 in order of the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last. Do not attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so. Attach Forms W-2 and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. If you received a Form W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), attach your original Forms W-2 and any Forms W-2c. Attach Forms W-2G and 1099-R to the front of Form 1040 if tax was withheld.

-----------------------------

Your can check your State's website for instructions on how to assemble your State return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies