Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need New York ID to file? I can't find my driver's license. I have my passport but that's not accepted. Will this affect the tax filing or just the refund?

Where it asks what state-issued ID you have (for NY returns), if I select "I don't have any of these forms of ID", will it affect my tax filing for New York?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Do I need New York ID to file? I can't find my driver's license. I have my passport but that's not accepted. Will this affect the tax filing or just the refund?

The program will indicate whether or not this affects you.  If you do not have a New York ID, and the return is e-filed successfully, it is possible that the state of New York later could ask for an ID verification of some kind.  But the program will indicate if you will be unable to efile over this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the response!

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies