Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to wait for IRS to send my form 1095 A before I send in my return? I downloaded to TurboTax already

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do I have to wait for IRS to send my form 1095 A before I send in my return? I downloaded to TurboTax already

The IRS does not send you a Form 1095-A.  You receive the Form 1095-A from the state Marketplace Exchange you used to obtain health care coverage.  Go to this healthcare.gov website if you have not received the 1095-A - https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-form-1095/

What do you mean downloaded to TurboTax?  TurboTax does not e-file or mail your tax return for you.  You have to e-file or print and mail the tax return yourself.

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Once a tax return has been e-filed it cannot be canceled, retrieved or changed.
If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change the information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

If you IMPORTED the 1095-A information then you do NOT need to wait for the paper copy in the mail before you file  ... and you should be able to log in online at www.healthcare.gov  to print a copy for your records. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies