moobair496

Do I have to file if I only have a 1099-Misc of $3300.00? That was my only income for the year.

DawnC0

No, you aren't required to file if that is your only income.  Your per capita payment is ordinary income, not self-employment.  As a single taxpayer that is not someone's dependent, you are below the filing threshold.  You would have to file a return only if you had marketplace health insurance and received advanced payments for the premium tax credit, see chart below:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302274

If the 1099-MISC were for self-employment, you would be required to file.  

DanO

What is the income from, did you provide a service or work for someone.
BobinCT

And can you be claimed as a dependent?  Are you married?
moobair496

The amount was from my tribal percap payment. Not married or no dependent.
DawnC0

Jaimebvines

yes I was paid to paint on some jobs

Texas Roger

If you made more than $400 of self employment income, you must file a tax return to pay self employment tax even though you probably won't owe any federal income tax. 

Please start a new thread with details about your income and what your specific question is.