turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to file if I only have a 1099-Misc of $3300.00? That was my only income for the year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Do I have to file if I only have a 1099-Misc of $3300.00? That was my only income for the year.

No, you aren't required to file if that is your only income.  Your per capita payment is ordinary income, not self-employment.  As a single taxpayer that is not someone's dependent, you are below the filing threshold.  You would have to file a return only if you had marketplace health insurance and received advanced payments for the premium tax credit, see chart below:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302274

If the 1099-MISC were for self-employment, you would be required to file.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanO

What is the income from, did you provide a service or work for someone.

And can you be claimed as a dependent?  Are you married?

The amount was from my tribal percap payment. Not married or no dependent.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

No, you aren't required to file if that is your only income.  Your per capita payment is ordinary income, not self-employment.  As a single taxpayer that is not someone's dependent, you are below the filing threshold.  You would have to file a return only if you had marketplace health insurance and received advanced payments for the premium tax credit, see chart below:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302274

If the 1099-MISC were for self-employment, you would be required to file.  

Jaimebvines
Returning Member

yes I was paid to paint on some jobs

If you made more than $400 of self employment income, you must file a tax return to pay self employment tax even though you probably won't owe any federal income tax. 

Please start a new thread with details about your income and what your specific question is.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies