Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlacson7

Do I buy the same software programs for 2017, my partner died, I sold our rental duplex and close the partnership, we used T.T. Business 2016 and Home & Business 2016?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Do I buy the same software programs for 2017, my partner died, I sold our rental duplex and close the partnership, we used T.T. Business 2016 and Home & Business 2016?

Yes, most likely.

You will need TurboTax Business to report the ending of the partnership using Form 1065.

If your personal tax situation requires filing a Schedule C for self-employment or sole proprietorship, then you will need TurboTax Home and Business.  If that does not apply, then a different personal tax product may work for you.

Take a look at the following link for a comparison of the personal TurboTax products:  CD-download TurboTax

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Yes, most likely.

You will need TurboTax Business to report the ending of the partnership using Form 1065.

If your personal tax situation requires filing a Schedule C for self-employment or sole proprietorship, then you will need TurboTax Home and Business.  If that does not apply, then a different personal tax product may work for you.

Take a look at the following link for a comparison of the personal TurboTax products:  CD-download TurboTax

jlacson7

Yes, T.T. AnnetteB. this answered my question. Without my business partner who was my ex and did the filing, I feel kind of alone and blank. Thank you so much. Please keep up the great work. 🙂
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies