Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct Deposit Info Not Given to IRS?

I used TurboTax to free file on April 6th for the stimulus.

I submitted my direct deposit information when I did this.

Yet now that I look at the 1040 file PDF that is available through Download/Print Return on my account, my direct deposit information is nowhere to be seen at all. Everything is there but my direct deposit account info.

So I'd like to know why TurboTax is going to submit returns for people, but leave out critical information to screw over their stimulus check?

Because if the return was submitted exactly as the PDF shows, then the IRS has no DD info for me, and I have to wait for them to process and then hope I can add it on via the Get My Payment portal, which is showing me Unable to Determine Eligibility right now.

Or I'm stuck waiting weeks, or months, for a $1,200 check from the IRS instead.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

You can check on your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information with the IRS "Get My Payment" application. Please visit Get My Payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The Washington Post reports that millions of people who filed their taxes using H&R Block, TurboTax, Jackson Hewitt, and other services have been unable to get their payments, since the IRS did not have direct deposit information on file

No .. I go on the get my payment and it says my tax info is wrong !!! I had to pay $120 to get my taxes done by turbo tax !! How is my tax info wrong ??? Fix it .. do your job ! I still don’t have my stimulus on my turbo visa ! You all are crooks and awful people . I have no money .. trying to eat and pay my bills 

@loveremy 

Take comfort in the fact that come next year, TurboTax and all these others that are screwing people over now, are gonna get theirs in return, when they lose clients.

be sure you are providing the Get My Payment with the correct income - they are seeking you AGI - which is line 8b of your tax return 

@nikkijay4133 - here is the article - it's not ALL submissions, but limited .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies