turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

brenthe

How do I delete Form 2210?

I have the same issue with form 2210 and also form D-422, which is the State underpayment form. And I did NOT underpay. I OVERPAID and get a refund, yet as part of the interview process, maybe because of the order I went through the return, TT thinks I need these forms. PLEASE FIX THIS.
jzadeh87

There was an update just released (at least for mac desktop version) that eliminates the error on the smart check. Hope it is the same for everyone else!

I came here too having this bug on Turbo Tax Mac, I started my work about 3 hours ago. I just reopened, got the update, and Smart check now finds no errors. Thanks!

It seems like the bug is fixed!

Thank you Turbo Tax for addressing the issue.
twongxhmc
Returning Member

Now that it’s been fixed I no longer get an error message re form 2210.  Now I need to understand why TurboTax says I need to include page 1 of form 2210.  We have withholdings from pension and pay quarterly estimates for IRA withdrawals.  Expected to get about $1800 fed tax refund.  If someone can explain why page 1 is required I would really appreciate it.

Desktop Home & Business - same error resulted in a rejected return, but it doesn't appear to be fixed.
quintjeff

I have a Mac Deluxe version.  I over paid my Federal tax and the TT program still creates form 2210.
I did an electronic submittal and it was rejected.

Same here - when will someone from TT acknowledge this and let us know when it will be fixed?

I thought it was fixed with the latest update too, but it allows the return to be submitted to the IRS and then is rejected by the IRS because the form 2210 was included when it should not have been...
twongxhmc
Returning Member

Since I no longer had an error message, and I don't have an underpayment, I tried to delete form 2210 but it keeps popping back up in the list of forms.

The software patch 2/16 did not completely resolve this problem.  It overrode the error message in the TurboTax software but the RETURN IS REJECTED BY THE IRS.  The error message from the IRS is that if you are requesting an 85% waiver you have to attach a statement of explanation.  TurboTax is advising that you have to file paper returns to include the required statement.  I think this may be a problem with the IRS form itself.  The IRS instructions for Line 6 say you can't take estimated tax payments into account in deciding whether you underpaid estimated taxes.  That makes no sense.  I don't think this is TT's fault.

Definitely still snot fixed. Rejected by irs for this form missing
xuytaxr

Same Issue! Very disappointed with TurboTax! Very stupid software! Waste lots of time then you get rejected again!

Agree.  One must not send notifications out that a problem is fixed when it really has not been.  I also received a rejected return from the IRS after submitting post 'patch'.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies