Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Dependent claim

I need help filing my taxes when my ex keeps filing before me, claiming our child and obtaining the child credit before I file mine; resulting in my return being denied. Meanwhile my ex fraudulently claims the credit; I never see the financial reimbursement I need for our child. This has been going on for 3 years. The court has ordered him to properly refile his taxes but he will not.

1 Reply
Level 5

Dependent claim

Hi - you can get a PPIN with the IRS for your daughter and then when he tries to file it will get rejected if he doesn't have the number.


Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings