turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DEMAND TURBOTAX NOT TO DISCONTINUE CD FOR 2024 TAX YEAR

Thanks. 1099-C was a typo. I meant the expenses related to income reported on 1099-NEC. The problem was that the expense couldn't be input because of the programming glitch with respect to subsequent required 1099-MISC and 1099-K responses. No responses placed the user into perpetual circle, preventing input of business expenses related to Schedule C.

Your suggested work-around worked for my Advantage Deluxe edition a few days later. Thanks. I put in a dummy 1099-K for $0.48 of income and followed your directions: 

"When the program asks if you received a Form 1099-K answer Yes.  On the 1099-K enter any name for the Payer, any 9 digits for the Payer ID and then enter $1 in box 1a.  Click on Continue and click on Done.

This will take you back to the Form 1099-MISC question and  answer NO.  Click on Continue. 

You will now be back at the Form 1099-K Summary screen.  Click on the BACK button.  You can now continue the interview for the Schedule C."

IT WORKED! Thanks!

Just to say I've been following and appreciate all that has been shared.

I have completed the 2023 Return late last week and very relieved. And then took a break.

Not sure I've mentioned before - even having the CD I am asked to update each time I open up the program to continue working with it.  Obviously, those updates are downloading via the internet from Turbo, I assume. 

The references to a saved copy in our computer file is helpful and that is the copy I like to open up from and work with.  I've noticed there can be different copies saved in files that are close in time on same date.  I'll choose the last time or the file that is the largest to continue working with.

Also, there is the avenue of opening my program from the Turbo icon on my desktop.  So if there are a couple of copies saved that are close in time, I have thought if I click the Desktop Icon, I'm not sure which saved copy opens. 

I'm getting into picayune area, but it just conveys some of the doubt I have in not having a CD in hand.

So you can basically ignore my post.  

My intent is to express thanks for the discussion and ideas.  And I would still agree with those who prefer to have a CD.  

What can I say?  I still don't fully accept downloading music from internet. I prefer CD's and using a disc player (and still have audiotapes of the past).  If I download into phone or computer, I don't trust it will be there forever. I "burn" from computer to a recordable CD.

Thanks again.

If you check everyone is going to Download so even if you found a CD for 2024 from another company then by 2025 it will be Download.  It is the times.

My concern is with CD I could install in my laptop also to work on stuff on the road. So will I be able to download to multiple devices at no additional cost?

Also will I still get 5 free Federal filings

@cordellmb wrote:

So will I be able to download to multiple devices at no additional cost?

Yes.

@cordellmb wrote:

Also will I still get 5 free Federal filings

Yes.

@massachusetts1 

Updating….If you are using the Windows Desktop program, the first thing I do after installing the program and doing the first update, is change the Updater settings to ask me first.  To change the Windows program Update Preferences settings go up To Online - Updater Preferences

Files…..Are you seeing the Tilde files?  The ~ is a tilde file.   Those are temporary files that you normally don't see and normally are deleted.  But many years ago Turbo Tax started leaving them in the folder in case something happens like your computer crashes.  Then you can go back.  Just ignore them.

The tax files (and PDF files) should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax subfolder.  They end in .tax2023, .tax2022 etc.  

Wanting the CD in hand?  What can that do after you install it?  Once it’s on your computer you don’t need the CD.   

Volvo,  I recognize everything you've said.   Definitely change the auto Updates.  And the Preferences, etc.

I've learned the squiggley line for temporary files.  Although, I didn't know it meant for "temporary".  Thanks for that.  And I definitely download copies of the Returns into a PDF for my computer files.

Seems like we're good to go.  Thanks again!

When my computer crashed, I bought a new computer with Windows 11.  According to TT is not supported by Windows 11. Past comments on his forum indicate this has been an ongoing issue. I would like to get ahold of a cd with the TT 2023 tax program to see if it will accept it. I bought and downloaded the previous 2023 tax program from Intuit/Turbo Tax. How can I get the 2023 cd, and how much would it cost me?

Where did you see Turbo Tax is not supported on Windows 11.  System Requirements 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/minimum-syst... 

For getting the CD, see if any stores still have them or Amazon etc.  I think Turbo Tax only sells the download for prior years.  And you can buy any version.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

I happen to see Turbo Tax 2023 CD is sold at Ebay.  You would need to search the specific program you need.  (I use Home & Business)   For Deluxe I saw for $20+.   Home and Business had a broad range.  And all state they are  New. 

Best.

I filled my 2023 back in Feb 2024.  For tax year 2024 it is download only.  It will be in store with a code similar to how Microsoft 365 is sold

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies