lsharp713

Deluxe vs. Premier

I have completed my taxes and I'm ready to file. Turbo Tax is charging me for Premier when I only need Deluxe. There doesn't seem to be any way to change it at the end.
Lydia

Deluxe vs. Premier

why am i being forced to upgrade to deluxe? i just want to do the free refund

It depends on your tax situation. Here's more info:

You can downgrade using the Clear and Start Over feature but bear in mind that the different TurboTax "flavors" handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

For example, if you want to downgrade from Deluxe to Federal Free Edition and you're itemizing (Schedule A), you can clear and start over with the free edition, but once you enter your itemized deductions in the free edition, you'll be asked to upgrade to Deluxe.

Here is a short list of some common tax situations and the online products that now uniquely support them:

If you are looking at TurboTax Federal Free Edition, keep in mind that this version is intended for taxpayers with very simple returns (Form 1040EZ filers with the standard deduction), for example first-time filers and students.

Related Information: