MedEd

Deducted housing from my paycheck

I worked at a paid internship out of state and the company would deduct from my paycheck for housing. Can I claim that as an expense?

Deducted housing from my paycheck

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.