Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deceptive Practice

Tonight I went to TurboTax Intuit to complete my filing.  I knew I would not be getting anything back.  In choosing a product to select, the Free Tax looked as though I could not proceed unless I selected the TurboTax Plus at a cost of $20. You knew we were retired on a fixed Social Security check, you know I was a veteran, you knew I paid no taxes and that I would get no refund. You should have asked me if I wanted to file under the TurboTax Plus product or the FREE TURBOTAX.   You got $20 out of me, enjoy it because it will be my last.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Deceptive Practice

If you are not satisfied with the product, request a refund. To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form.

Review your online fees to see if you upgraded or added benefits. Click here for instructions. 

If you didn't qualify for the TurboTax Free Edition, you may have qualified for the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax .

• It's geared towards lower-income filers, regardless of tax return complexity, and is only offered through the IRS Free File Alliance (FFA) program. No upgrades are available.

To see if you qualify, click on What is the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax?

If you qualify, see How do I switch to IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax?

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies