turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deceased sibling

I completed the tax forms for my sister who passed away. i have the extra form for filing on behalf of deceased. Do I sign the main 1040 form as preparer or just the 1310 form as person claiming the refund?

2 Replies

Deceased sibling

You need to sign the main return as the personal representative of the deceased.  

Deceased sibling

thank you

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies