turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.


How do I file to get the 2nd half of my ctc I have moved so I don't get mail from my address on file 

1 Reply


You will receive the remaining Child Tax Credit on your 2021 federal tax return.

You file the 2021 tax return using the address where currently live and receive your mail.


The Child Tax Credit is entered on your federal tax return Form 1040 on Line 28. It is added to your other tax payments, it is not a separate refund. Your Total taxes from Line 24 are subtracted from your Total tax payments on Line 33. If you have an overpayment then that is entered on Line 34 as your federal tax refund.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies