Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SMdeSP

CRP... at a hotel? (I know, it's a weird COVID-thing...)

Hello.

Shortly after COVID hit, my landlord lost his job, forcing him to sell his house where I was renting a room.  I knew a nurse who was in a similar situation--she ended up staying at the Hampton Inn downtown  through their Essential Workers' Program, whereby nurses, construction workers, &--in my case--teachers could live at half rates.  This still was very expensive--$1500/month (but nobody was moving during COVID, making the already-tight  rental market even more difficult).

So, my question is, how do I go about the Certificate of Rent Paid?  I did not receive one from them.  Is there a different process for this form in my situation, given that it was COVID, and everything connected with this seems a bit strange/different...

Thank you for your help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

CRP... at a hotel? (I know, it's a weird COVID-thing...)

Interesting ... doubt you can get a CPR  from a hotel/motel since the are businesses and not technically landlords.  That renter's credit was meant to catch landlords who were not reporting their rent received not to catch hotels. Ask the hotel if they can provide you the required form and/or ask your state to see if they made accommodations for this unusual situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies