Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Critical stimulus update email

Is the "CRITICAL STIMULUS UPDATE" email from TurboTax legit?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Yes, I got the same thing because I don't have my previous bank account.  Although I went through the link provided and updated my info but I just received a call from Turbo Tax asking to me to update my info so I don't know if it went through or not 

If you updated it on the 2nd stimulus does this mean it should be ok for the 3rd stimulus? as when I checked the IRS website its showing my old banking information

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The payment method used for the 2nd stimulus payment will be used unless you updated since that time.

Here is some information about the new American Rescue Plan:

The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks, unemployment benefit extensions, and expansions of the Child Tax Credit and the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

How Will The Third Stimulus Impact Me?

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.

Do I need to apply to get a stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

When will I get my stimulus check?

The IRS has begun distributing stimulus payments and we expect people could receive their stimulus payments as early as next week (March 17th).  

For information on when you can expect your stimulus payment, check the IRS Get My Payment tool which will be updated starting the week of March 15th.

What about my state's stimulus?

If your state has a stimulus program in place, you don’t need to do anything to get your state stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies