Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Aĺexis28

Critical Notice

Ok should I be concerned about the e -mail I received.  It says they did not use correct deduction.  Standard VS. Itemized. Says they are sending a $60 check to cover the cost of turbo tax.   Help do I worry or not.  Thanks

[email address removed] 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Critical Notice

We don't always know what Turbotax does.  If the program used the incorrect deduction for some customers, you may be able to prepare an amended return to change your deductions and get an additional refund.  Turbotax can't file an amended return for you, even though they should know who was affected by the bug.  There's no way to know how much additional refund you might be entitled to without preparing an amended return to see what happens. 

You can try preparing an amended return and see if your deductions and tax change.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-federal-tax-return-curr...

Critical Notice

I'm totally guessing here since you didn't indicate anything about the situation...

Is it Federal or state related??

IF state...

What state?  Like there are more than 40 with an income tax

Oregon????

If so, a problem with that state showed up 4 days ago:

How do I amend my Oregon state tax return to correct my overpayment? (intuit.com)

Or some other state issue??

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Critical Notice

@Aĺexis28 

If you are referring to the error in the Oregon state tax return, you should follow the instructions in the email that you received, or in the following FAQ.

How do I amend my Oregon state tax return to correct my overpayment?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies