Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Create and file 1099-NEC with Turbotax Premier Desktop

Hello,

I have been using the Premier version for the past years. I clearly remember being asked if I need to create 1099s everytime I opened turbotax for the first time. Now, when I actually need to, I can no longer find the option to do so. The interview for rental properties asks if I have paid any contractors that I need to send 1099 to and then asks if I have already done so. And that seems to be the end of the story.

Was this functionality removed? How do I go about creating and efiling the 1099-NEC forms for contractors that I have paid as a landlord?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Since the 1099s were due to the person and IRS on Jan 31 you are already very late.  Either upgrade to the Home & Business version, or use the Online Premium version or find another way.  You can use Turbo Tax until October.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Sorry that has only ever been available in the Home & Business version, not Premier.  You must have bought Home & Business in the past.  

Thanks for the quick response.

I have used Home and Business in the past when I was contracting but switched to Premier when I only had rentals to report based on the comparison grid. Given that it is the last day, any ideas on how I can generate and file the 1099s?

Thanks.

Since the 1099s were due to the person and IRS on Jan 31 you are already very late.  Either upgrade to the Home & Business version, or use the Online Premium version or find another way.  You can use Turbo Tax until October.  

I only recently found out about the requirement. I have found the option to upgrade and will be doing so.

Many thanks for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies