turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CPA set aside 1k from 2017 refunds for quarterly pymts. Using TurboTax this yr & IRS has this? I'd just have to file a credit for it this yr? Where & how do I do this?

CPA put aside 1k from my refund last year. He said this would be there to save on quarterly payments. I am using TurboTax this year and he said he does not have it, it is at the IRS? I asked how to utilize that money for the money I owe this year and he said I have to file a credit for it and that was that. How do I go about doing this and making sure that 1k is accounted for. 

Thank you 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

CPA set aside 1k from 2017 refunds for quarterly pymts. Using TurboTax this yr & IRS has this? I'd just have to file a credit for it this yr? Where & how do I do this?

I removed your letter.  It is not safe to post any personal info in a public forum.  The whole world can see it and scam you or steal your info.

Make sure you enter it on your return. It will show up on 1040 schedule 5 line 66 which goes to line 17.   It will either add to your refund or reduce your tax.

Federal on left
Deductions and Credits at top
Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Other Income Taxes - Click the Start or Revisit

Next page scroll down to 2017 Refund Applied to 2018
Click Start or Update by the tax you applied

Or for the Desktop program then Federal is at the top.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies