lrjk-russell

Convert from PC to Mac

I have used TurboTax for many years on my PC, but just this year have converted to using a Mac.  Will I be able to carryover my prior years tax information when I start using "TurboTax for Mac" this year?

Convert from PC to Mac

Yes.  Both Windows and Mac use the same data file ending in .taxyyyy like .tax2016.  You only need to copy the.tax2016 file to the Mac.

If you buy the Desktop CD it has both the Windows and Mac programs on it.  If you buy the Download you have to specify which download you want.

See this article on how to move your tax return to another computer…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901474-move-your-tax-return-to-a-different-computer

brcorttt

Convert from PC to Mac

If I bought Turbotax 2016 for my PC and need to download now Turbotax 2016 for Mac since I no longer have a PC and need to make changes to my 2016 return, can I download now for Mac?  I only see the PC download on the downloads page.