shpramsh

Check This Entry Form 1099-B Date Acquired ERROR

Hi,

It asks me to put Date Acquired for one of the stocks I bought, SPI, I did multiple buys and sells of it.

Which date should I put?

I tried putting:

1. The first-time purchased of it

2. The last purchased date

3. Various, also small with small 'v'

Whatever I put on the page won't pass through it and I can't file my tax through the turbo

Please help.

Thanks.

jkl20

I also have this issue. The date appears to be on the form already, but it asks me for the date acquired. If I enter the date, it loads, and then asks again.

Ipaidforpremierbutcantfile

Yes. This. Tried manual edit of the transaction as outlined in another thread. Has date. Still asks for date. Enter date. Asks again. Can't skip or it won't let me e-file. Already paid for product. Please post if resolution is found.

Ipaidforpremierbutcantfile

I spoke with TurboTax support and they stated that it was a known issue with "Robinhood" and that it should be resolved on or before the February 24. They stated that there will likely be a page that addresses when the problem is solved, although I am unable to find an official page acknowledging the issue at this time. Without this information I was told to just keep trying until the issue was no longer happening.

shpramsh

Thanks for the info. But the transaction I am having a problem with is for the Webull account and the Robinhood too. I guess it does for any broker account.

Ipaidforpremierbutcantfile

That is what another poster indicated as well. My seems to have resolved at this time. It finally took my entry and moved on.

shpramsh

Did you had to manually put the particular transaction or just the auto-generated ones worked?

jkl20

I have M1 and Webull, but they're both through the same clearing house. I'm guessing it has to do with the clearing house. So it's my guess that Robinhood also uses the same clearing house.

Ipaidforpremierbutcantfile

The auto entry ended up working. It finally just stopped looping and accepted the date entry and moved onto additional details to check, including items that were not related to the 1099-b.

jkl20

The issue still persists for me. I am unable to get past it asking for the "date acquired".

Edit: Actually, sometimes, very rarely, it gets past asking for "date acquired" and asks for "cost basis". But after that, it returns to asking for "date acquired".

shpramsh

Mine also has not been solved. I tried to figure it out with the support person yesterday, turns out she didn't have any idea. I will dial support again.

jkl20

It appears I was able to fix the issue, but it requires manually editing your stock sales entries.

Where ever your 1099 stock sale says "Various" for the 'date acquired', then you have to go and manually set it to that in TurboTax. For some reason the auto-import function doesn't recognize it as "Various" so it will ask for an actual date until you check the circle that says "something other than a date" and select "Various" from the dropdown box.

This has resolved the issue for me, and I successfully submitted my e-file returns.

shpramsh

So did you have to manually change it for all the sales or just the ones that it is asking question about?

jkl20

For all that say 'various' on the 1099 form. I just went through each one on TurboTax, checked to see if the form said 'various', if it does, edit it, and if not, skip it.

shpramsh

Wow! I have almost about 100 various in the form. Hopefully, it will work. I will let you know, thanks.