Check for updates not working

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tysonlucke

I have been trying to "transmit returns now" but every time I do it says to check for updates on the menu bar. I go through the steps and get the updates but every time I do it it asks the same question for new updates. I have restarted my computer and still says the same thing. I need some help please

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm taking a stab at this one, as there's a known issue that sounds much like what you're experiencing.  See if the workaround I'm linking below helps you out.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
byardpeake

Ready to file but requires update

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@byardpeake Please see the original answer I posted here.  It includes a link to a workaround that may help you out.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings