turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charles Schwab is missing from the list of banks and brokerages that TurboTax can retrieve the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV documents from. Is that faulty?

Are you using the CD/download version or the web bases online version?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Charles Schwab is missing from the list of banks and brokerages that TurboTax can retrieve the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV documents from. Is that faulty?

Schwab is not missing.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
konrad20

I have Freshly updated Desktop TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Federal + State, and Charles Schwab is missing from the list

Not answer but it is the only way to post a screenshot.

I am seeing this problem also. 

Windows 10 Pro fully updated

Desktop TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Federal + State

TT Updated as of 1/17/2019

About TT 

wrapper  018.000.0109

WinPerReleaseEngine 018.000.352

WinPerFedFormset   018.000.1762

WinPerTaxSupport   018.000.124

Looks like it has been report per

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4526746-charles-schwab-is-shown-as-a-firm-that-you-can-import-your...>

Yes, this has been reported.
rmille31

I have used Turbotax for over 10  years and this is the  first time Schwab appears in the list one day and then next day it is gone.  It has nothing to do with Feb. 2.  Prior to this, one gets a message telling it will be available for import in Feb.  But for Schwab to not even appear in the list but shows in the banner of the financial instituations is bothersome.  Please fix it so we will be able to import at the beginning of Feb.

It has been reported and is being looked into.

According to Charles Schwab (in my personal account) 2018 forms will be available in February so hopefully it will get fixed before that.  

Like many of you I had difficulty getting the Schwab 1099s to download.  I followed the suggestion of going to Schwab security tab and allowed 3rd party access.  Not successful.  
The other day I went back into Schwab security tab and set up text notification for verification.  I have been using this mode for a while and didn't understand why this was not indicated. Long story but I set this up and was able to download my Schwab 1099s yesterday (31st). Best of luck.

rrnh
Level 1

This problem is NOT solved.  I have set up Schwab to allow 3rd party and specifically the form I need.  I checked and the form is there but when I log on, I get a message that the form is not found!  This has got be something on TT end.  I have been using TT for years and have NEVER had as many issues as I have had so far this year.  My bank used to be on the list to get connected and now it is not.  Then this issue with Schwab.  Maybe I need to go with one of the free online tax programs.  Why pay $$$ when TT doesn't work like it used to.  Vey disappointed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies