turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Charged more?! I paid the $29.99 for federal with free state. I’m just wondering why I was charged $70!!?!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Charged more?! I paid the $29.99 for federal with free state. I’m just wondering why I was charged $70!!?!

Sounds like you upgraded to PLUS  for $30 then requested the $30 fee be withheld from the federal refund ... this service adds another $40 to the total ...

If you have not yet filed you can remove that fee by paying with a credit/debit card ... click on the FILE tab to start that section over.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I want to pay with credit card

Sounds like you upgraded to PLUS  for $30 then requested the $30 fee be withheld from the federal refund ... this service adds another $40 to the total ...

If you have not yet filed you can remove that fee by paying with a credit/debit card ... click on the FILE tab to start that section over.

Manage cookies