Charge for state?

Charge for state?

Why did you charge me for the state filing when I purchased a Deluxe Edition with one free state?  I could not get my taxes to e-file without paying this extra $24.99 charge.

Charge for state?

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

Charge for state?

In the Desktop program you get one free state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns. Then each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile, usually goes up to 24.99 March 1. Or you can print and mail state for free.