Changing direct deposit information to receive stimulus payments

Hi... I'm retired and receiving social security, and am planning on filing my 2019 federal return in order to get the stimulus check. How do I inform the IRS what my direct deposit information is? I'm not owed a refund, and there doesn't seem to be any way to enter this information.

No, if you have no income, (Social Security alone is not taxable, therefore counts as no income), you can't file electronically. You can mail your return and write in your Direct Deposit information on Page 2, 1040, Lines 21, b, c and d.

Hi if you receive Social Security or SSI they already have your direct deposit information and you will receive a stimulus by that unless you are considered someone's dependent they will not receive information outside of that they will send you a check on your address on file through Social Security

I put the wrong account information I did receive my refund in the mail but I want my money quicker 

@Stanleyh wrote:

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.