Friday88

Change in stimulus amount

Im trying to amend my 2020 tax return because I gave the wrong amount for the stimulus section. What do I need to do?

Change in stimulus amount

The IRS does not want you to amend for that.   if you entered the wrong amount in the recovery rebate credit section the IRS will cross check and recalculate your refund.  Quite a few people either filed and received a check after filing, or misunderstood the questions and entered incorrect amounts.

Friday88

Change in stimulus amount

Ok thank you!

dap19501968

Change in stimulus amount

I haven't filed yet, but can't figure how to change the amount before I file.

Change in stimulus amount

@dap19501968 If you have not filed your return yet and need to change something, click on Add a State.   That will let you back in to the return and you can make changes.   Not sure what you want to change since you added to a long thread that has other posts.   If you need to change how you answered the recovery rebate credit questions go to Federal Review.