Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SMM17

Change a Schedule C to Schedule 1

I need support changing other income listed as schedule C to schedule 1. Online Turbotax only offers the other income as schedule C when it does not qualify for schedule C.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Please provide some details.  What exactly is the  "other income"  you are trying to enter?   And......you are posting from the Free Edition which does not support preparing Schedule 1 or a Schedule C.   You will need to use either Deluxe or Premium, depending on exactly what kind of income you are entering.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SMM17

I apologize I didn't realize I actually use the Deluxe addition. I receive royalties on ads through streaming as a hobby on occasion. So I have a 1099-MISC but through faqs and descriptions I found it doesn't qualify as a C, but needs to be a 1.  However, every time I enter the info as other income to place on the appropriate line it only gives me two options which it qualifies for neither and wants me to fill it out as a personal business.

You need to use Sch C to report the information on Sch 1. You can’t enter information directly on Sch 1.

SMM17

Okay, I see that on the old one it was a schedule C and marked it to 1. Question though, the schedule C marks it as a business. However, what I'm reporting on is not a business, so I'm getting contacted for a business license. I need to somehow report this appropriately where it does not appear to be a business.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

On the Form 1099-MISC that you received, which box is the income in?

What line of Schedule 1 do you want to report it on? (You do not necessarily have to use Schedule C in order to put the income on Schedule 1. There are many types of income on Schedule 1 that do not come from Schedule C.)

You mentioned that you do this as a hobby. Are you trying to report it as hobby income?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies