fooster9999

CANT E-FILE (WRONG AGI)

Hello. I am trying to e-file my taxes using TurboTax, but anytime I do it. It gets rejected. 

- I am doing my independent taxes for the first time.

- I had no income in 2019. AGI = $0

- I was declared as dependent on my parents 2019 income taxes as my parents received tax education credits for my payments for the school. 

My question is what do I put for AGI, since it gets rejected when I put $0 ??

Do I put my parents AGI from 2019? Or I just have to mail and there is no way to e-file?

CANT E-FILE (WRONG AGI)

In the File section of the program you were asked if you filed a 2019 tax return.  You should have selected No.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI to e-file the 2020 tax return.

fooster9999

CANT E-FILE (WRONG AGI)

I did, entered "NO" in the file section of the program asking if I filed a 2019 tax return. And I did put "0" for AGI. 

The tax return got rejected. 

CANT E-FILE (WRONG AGI)

@fooster9999 wrote:

The tax return got rejected. 

Then since the IRS has rejected the federal tax return even when entering a 0 for the AGI your only option is to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Jlogan12

CANT E-FILE (WRONG AGI)

Yea i filed my taxes on turbo now I just noticed I put the wrong agi I filed in Feb 2021 and taxes still pending. It went through on turbo tax as being right since it my first time filing on here. Now I'm waiting to see the next step in my taxes other than the other errors i probably have but I know this one is other than unemployment bs not updated on here. But I know the agi isnt correct I'm sbout 3000 bucks lesd than what it actually is idk if it a audit or what taxes been pending for a while now hopefully get rejected by irs so I can redo the who taxes again.