Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

TURBOTAX COULD NOT UPDATE.
TURBOTAX RESPONSE WAS:  "FAILED UPDATES.  PROGRAM UPDATES.  FAILED TO INSTALL UPDATE.  MICROSOFT INSTALLER ERROR: 1603, FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION.  CHECK FOR SOLUTION."
AFTER CLICKING THE SOLUTION LINK I RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE: "SORRY, A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE WAS NOT FOUND."
 WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?  WILL MY TURBOTAX WORK PROPERLY?  I AM USING WINDOWS 10.  PLEASE ASSIST.  -JHW

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

I spoke with a Turbotax phone representative an hour ago who resolved the problem by having me:
A) Update my Windows 10 OS (a new update had just been released today and I wasn't aware of it).
B) Uninstall and re-install Turbotax from the CD I had purchased.
TurboTax and all of the updates installed without a problem.
-------
Thank you for your kind assistance!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

I spoke with a Turbotax phone representative an hour ago who resolved the problem by having me:
A) Update my Windows 10 OS (a new update had just been released today and I wasn't aware of it).
B) Uninstall and re-install Turbotax from the CD I had purchased.
TurboTax and all of the updates installed without a problem.
-------
Thank you for your kind assistance!

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

The exact thing is happening to me. It let me work on my return without updating. It even allowed me to complete the e-file process and charged my CC for the State return. BUT then wouldn't submit the Returns without Updating, which of course it wouldn't do. It did email me receipt for paying for my

State E-file.

s

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

I resolved my problem as per the BEST ANSWER posted above.
Otherwise, get a case number from Turbotax online and call a tech support rep at the phone number provided.
Best of luck!

Nik525

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

I manually installed the update which was successful. But when doing the federal check, it wanted to check for updates which failed and I couldn't continue. Using Windows 8.1.  This is a new problem as updates had been installing OK until the past couple of days. Suggestions?

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Otherwise, get a case number from Turbotax online and call a tech support rep at the phone number provided.
Best of luck!

awf314

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

PLEASE let me use turbotax. My data is already there.

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Please refer to the best answer shown above. Contact TurboTax and get a case number and call the telephone number provided at that point for assistance. Best of luck.

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

I don't have a CD to reinstall the product. I downloaded it. Help Also, my OS is up to date

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

PLEASE, EVERYONE, I AM NOT A TURBO TAX EXPERT NOR AM I ASSOCIATED WITH TURBO TAX.
I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM AND I CANNOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME FOR ASSISTANCE.
THE ONLY THING I CAN TELL YOU IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE ELSE:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise, get a case number from Turbo tax online and call a tech support rep at the phone number provided.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THAT IS ALL I CAN TELL YOU.

Paul1483

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Same with mine!

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@Paul1483

bhambob

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Thank you for the update! We are glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

@bhambob

CANNOT UPDATE TURBOTAX

Here's a thought for the Turbo Tax software developers.  UPGRADE YOUR DOT NET FRAMEWORK TO ONE THAT ISN'T A SECURITY VULNERABILITY!

That is all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies