Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot Transmit Returns. TurboTax system is HORRIBLE

I am very frustrated with TurboTax.

First I could not transmit because it kept saying there were billing issues even though the cost is free.

I was able to get around that except I had to pay for the PLUS service which I DO NOT WANT but had to take it from refund because the credit card payment got the same "billing issue"

No matter what I do the transmission keeps failing.

I have tried different refund methods and it is not working

I AM SO FRUSTRATED THAT I HAD TO FILE FOR AN EXTENSION because I could not deal with this ish anymore!!!!!!!!

It is still not working.

Don't get me started on the support - I called like 5 times and still have not received a call back.

I was speaking with someone for 2 hours and the call disconnected, the support person could not even call me back to continue troubleshooting.

This makes me not to want to use TurboTax no more!!!!

Please review my account and fix your software so I can finish submitted my taxes!!!!! NOW!!!

my username is [email address removed]

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I had that issue last year when we went to submit, it wouldn't allow it.  After much frustration, I found out that the IRS had not processed our previous years return. I found this out after a long search on the IRS website. The solution was simple yet very scary as far as I'm concerned. They didn't know my previous years AGI (Adjusted Gross Income.) because they hadn't yet processed the return yet. The solution was that I had to go into turbo tax and change it by manually putting in $0 for my previous years AGI.  This means I had to go in and change it in my turbo tax because turbo tax will automatically carry the AGI forward from the previous year, which is a good thing so you don't have to go looking for it in last years return, but a bad thing when the IRS takes two years off.  I don't know if that may be your issue but it may be worth looking into. One way to check is to go to the IRS website and look for your previous years return and if it was processed. You could have gotten your refund even if they hadn't processed it. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for the information I did check and it is showing as processed and has the AGI in there.

This appears to be a turbo tax issue I think - I have tried doing it many ways and it is still not going through

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies