Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Cannot efile? Says I need Form 8995/QBI?

Contact us will allow you to receive a call since the forms are available at this time, and the indication is you must mail the return.  If you have a business, you are entitled to the Qualified Business Income deduction (QBID). 

Be sure you have the latest updates to the TurboTax CD version each day.  You have some time since IRS does not open e-file until February 12th.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Cannot efile? Says I need Form 8995/QBI?

As of 3/30/2021, I am done waiting for TurboTax to get straight with the IRS regarding efiling our 2020 tax returns with QBI/Forms 8995 & 8995-A. Mailing in hardcopy would make for a prolonged delay in receiving my refund from the IRS and incurs add'l expenses with TurboTax.

Today, I put in for a product refund from TurboTax and am efiling my 2020 tax return on any of the other platforms that are already set up to efile with QBI. H&R Block or the IRS's partner E-File.com for at least two viable options.

Shame on TurboTax for stringing us along all these weeks with the QBI hitch and also for making anyone wait 5-7 days for them to "review" our request for refund of what we paid to do our taxes with them. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies