Cannot connect to my institutions to download 1099...

Justkj

Cannot connect to my institutions to download 1099-int

I am working on a MAC using TurboTax Home & Business DESKTOP SOFTWARE.  I get to the Personal Income section where I can connect and download my 1099-INT from my banks and brokerages.

I choose to Import, lookup and choose my brokerage company, enter my User ID and Password, and the continue button remains  greyed out.  I have both of my banks and my both brokerage accounts with the same result, cannot click continue.

Being an old IT guy, I saved, closed, relaunched.  Checked for latest version, rebooted the computer and relaunched.  I did try support twice, but they failed epically and were no help at all, so I am trying here to see if other users have solved this issue.

My "support" looked like this:

After I gave up on my idea, I tried the help feature which launched my browser.  After ticking around on the support site, I was able to get a ticket opened and called support.

The lackluster agent seemed flummoxed by the fact that screen sharing my browser window did not let her see the desktop program's windows.  I tried over and over to explain it to her that I was not using the online app.  Even her manager seemed lost and said they could not help me if they could not see my screen.  [great job training support agents]

This morning I was able to discover a way to start a ticket from the desktop software, the agent after futzing around got connect to my computer for a screen share (not sure why the agents last night did not think of that since it is an intuit branded sharing link).  He had no idea, and then the phone line dropped (I don't think he hung up, but de did not try to call back and before I could type an on screen message, he disconnected).

Justkj

Solved...

I assumed that that TurboTax actually tested the software for the Mac environment.  Using Key Chain to enter the password for me was the issue.  when I hand typed the password it worked.

Anyone know a better Tax preparation software package?  after 15 years of Turbo Tax I think this is the last year.