roper59

Can you process just state with out processing federal?

Tonita

The TurboTax State program is designed to pull (transfer) information from your federal return. For this reason, TurboTax State is not sold as a standalone tax-preparation product.

You can use TurboTax to prepare and file your federal return without your state – but not the other way around.

Tonita

nancy6

I submitted both my Fed and Iowa returns at the same time and both were rejected.  Problem with the Fed return had to do with 2015 AGI (I put 0 in and it went through.)  The State return was rejected because the Fed return had not yet been accepted.  Therefore, I would suggest doing either the Fed first and wait until it is accepted, then go back in and submit the State.