Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you file VA-763 (non-resident income tax) using the VA State module in TurboTax?

I need to file VA-763 to report pass-through income to Virginia.  I'm a resident of MD.   I can't find if this form is available in the Virginia add-in module.  If is it available, does it autofill from the Federal return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can you file VA-763 (non-resident income tax) using the VA State module in TurboTax?

Yes, the VA-763 is the Virginia nonresident tax form.  You can file it through Turbo Tax.  Let us know if you have any other questions! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SWJK
Returning Member

How does one force TT to select the VA-763. It is selecting part year even though the person has not lived in VA long enough to qualify as a PY resident. WHERE is this accomplished, please?

SN20

How do I amend a 763S that a skilled using TurboTax desktop Home & Business version?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The VA-763S is the form you file if you are just claiming a return of the withholding and not filing an actual nonresident tax return (it is not included with TurboTax).  You can get the form form the Virginia Department of Revenue website (you will need to find the correct year that you are amending).  There is a check box on the form to indicate it is an amendment.

@SN20

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies