Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can Turbo Tax file my NC state return?. If not does anyone know the process?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@stonechips 

Depends

1)  E-file NC? Yes/No--a possible YES...BUT Only if you have prepared and e-filed the Federal tax file using the exact-same TTX account. Otherwise No e-file for NC

or

2)  If you filed Federal elsewhere, you "could" , potentially, print and mail file NC using TTX, but you would:
.....2a) first have to prepare the Federal tax section to exactly match what you've already filed elsewhere..

...2b)  .then pay for both  the Federal and NC software...then choose the print and mail-file option.  And you have to mail in the forms yourself.

or

3) Get the paper/pdf forms from NCDOR and prepare them manually and mail them in

Individual Income Tax Forms & Instructions | NCDOR

or

4) go to a local professional tax agent...they might be able the e-file NC without the Federal being e-filed (not sure though)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

if Turbotax did not e-file your federal you can not use it to e-file NC. that's true for any other app you used for federal.  to do NC and you  used Turbotax to e-file the federal return you would need to contact support to request an a download for aa desktop version then:

1) Install  2022 Turbo including NC 
2) open the program
3) Select Continue From TurboTax Online
4) Sign in to your Intuit Account
Your data will be imported into TurboTax Desktop, and your return will open once data transfer is complete

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies