Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't transmit returns

Ready to file both Federal and State returns, and I get these messages (4 times).

"Duplicate filing found in same transmission / Please contact customer support"

"Tax Year 2023 submissions are not available / Turbotax 2023 is not ready to process for this return"

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Can't transmit returns

You have not stated whether this is a NY return, but this issue has been identified and is being corrected for NY.

Some NY TurboTax customers may be experiencing an error because TurboTax is populating the following error when attempting to e-file: "Duplicate filing found in the same transmission. Please contact customer support. Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return.”

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

Signup Here To Get Notifications

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can't transmit returns

Hi  - Yes this is a New York state return.

Thank you.

Can't transmit returns

I have the same error message when trying to file Fed and NY State returns.

"TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return.”

"Duplicate filing found in the same transmission. Please contact customer support."

Can't transmit returns

We've been having the exact same issue as described above (we are also in NY).  We tried clicking the link to sign up for "notifications" to let us know when a fix will be available, but the link is no longer working. 

Can someone from Intuit please provide an update on when this fix will be available?  We've been waiting almost a week.  At some point will have to print and mail in our tax return.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Can't transmit returns

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is trying to get it resolved as soon as possible.  When forms are not ready by the state, TurboTax has to wait for the final versions of the form then these forms will have to be corrected in the software.  Please check back in a few days.

@russmtb 

@bandcposts 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can't transmit returns

I logged in this morning - Turbotax had a few updates, but it STILL didnt fix this issue.

When will this issue be fixed as Id like to file my tax returns already (and get my refund).

Can't transmit returns

Thanks for the update.  We are still having the problem with our NY State return, but we were able to submit our Federal return today.  I want to let others know that the two returns can be submitted separately, so folks with this issue should still be able to submit their Federal returns now. Hopefully the issue with the State return will be fixed soon.  

Can't transmit returns

Thanks - Federal status pending.  

Hopefully we can file NY soon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies