Sounds like you need your 2015 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). It will be in TurboTax – as long as you’re using the same account as last year.
- This means you’re using the same User ID to do your 2016 return as you used to file for 2015.
Not sure which account you’re in?
Let’s get you into the account that has your prior year return so we can locate your 2015 AGI:
- Use this tool to locate your account.
- Once your signed into TurboTax, go to Tax Year 2015
- Click View adjusted gross income (AGI).
This is your 2015 AGI.
Where else can I find last year’s AGI?
A great place to find your 2015 AGI is on last year's original unamended tax return.
- Original unamended AGI: To e-file your 2016 return, the IRS will only accept your original unamended 2015 AGI as proof of your identify. If you filed your 2015 return and then later amended it, don’t use your amended AGI; rather, use the original AGI.
We’re here to help you get your AGI, but if you’ve tried the methods above and still can’t find it, you can get your AGI directly from the source. Here’s how to order an IRS return transcript.
How to file if you can't get your AGI
Don't worry if you can’t get last year's AGI for e-file. You can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them in. For information on where to send your federal return, go to the IRS site Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment.