Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danilche

Can't file my wholly erroneous 1099K. I can't do "Review" -- it won't let me mark "check if all" checkbox on 1099K 2a, & if I enter smaller amount, can't link to Sched C.

I've received a 1099-K from Paypal where the entire amount is wrong (some stupid people sent me gift money as "payments" rather than "friends & family").

TurboTax has an interface for amending the 1099K amount; but when I specify that the entire amount is wrong, it then gets stuck in "Review" phase saying that on form 1099-K the line-2a amount can't exceed line-1 amount (it doesn't but TurboTax still complains); and if I put smaller amount into the box 2a (e.g. 3760 instead of 3763), it gets past that stupid "can't be smaller" check, but then demands a linkage to Schedule C -- which doesn't work. It keeps saying "double-click to link to Schedule C", but when I double-click, nothing happens.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
danilche

Can't file my wholly erroneous 1099K. I can't do "Review" -- it won't let me mark "check if all" checkbox on 1099K 2a, & if I enter smaller amount, can't link to Sched C.

I FOUND THE RIGHT ANSWER!

And it's a totally stupid one.

My 1099K had cents amount on it. TurboTax rounded it up -- and got tripped by its own rounding. If, when entering 1099-K, I enter the rounded amount in the first place, everything works!

This looks like a TurboTax bug, with a fairly easy (but unobvious) workaround.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Stop what you are doing and delete it all.

Then follow these instructions ... do NOT enter the 1099-K in the  1099-K section at all ... use the general income section instead in the Sch C income entry section.  Enter the income and then simply make a other misc expense entry for the same amount using any descriptor you wish.  This will report the income yet zero it out at the same time ... a win-win. 

Sch C  income screen.PNG

danilche

Thanks. If TurboTax help doesn't come through with a better solution (how messed up, they make it IMPOSSIBLE to simply say that the whole amount is wrong -- that "check all" checkbox is not clickable!), I will follow your suggestion.

danilche

I FOUND THE RIGHT ANSWER!

And it's a totally stupid one.

My 1099K had cents amount on it. TurboTax rounded it up -- and got tripped by its own rounding. If, when entering 1099-K, I enter the rounded amount in the first place, everything works!

This looks like a TurboTax bug, with a fairly easy (but unobvious) workaround.

Thank you i wasted so much time on this! Many thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies