Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ZSha
Level 3

Can't E-file NY State Tax SECOND YEAR IN A ROW.

Using turbotax self employed online. Already e-filed federal but TT is not letting me E-file NY state return. Exact same problem happened last time. Because of that, I made sure to not write any 0's in any of the forms.

The message I am getting is "E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Make sure to mail your return by your state's due date."

Turbotax. Why are you involved in such FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY? You charge my CC first and THEN tell me I can't E-file.  Two years in a row? If you want NY state and its residents to sue you, why not just ask directly?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax facilitates the process of filing both your federal and state returns whether done via e-file or mail; your return still has to be computed electronically first for you to subsequently generate a print out to mail. If your return includes an unsupported e-file form then yes you will need to send those documents in to your state by mail. You may review the NY State forms availability list here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ZSha
Level 3

@EbonyA 

Please save me the bull**bleep**. Go and do some research on this topic before giving your "expert opinion".

Its a glitch in TT and hundreds of other people are reporting it on TT forums. NY requires E-filing of taxes if the software being used supports it. TT clearly supports E-filing, but for NY, a couple of years in a row, it has refused to fix the glitch which is giving an error message while E-filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies