Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bugumus24

Can someone tell me how I file my marketplace insurance tax papers with out any taxes to file this year I don't know how to do it?

I didn't work this past year so I have no W-2 forms to file. I have to file this marketplace insurance paper for my tax purposes how do I do that without any taxes to file this year how does that work how do you do it?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Can someone tell me how I file my marketplace insurance tax papers with out any taxes to file this year I don't know how to do it?

Yes, if you receive a Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, that shows advance payments of the premium tax credit were paid for coverage for you or your family member, you must file an individual income tax return and submit a Form 8962 to reconcile those advance payments, even if you would not otherwise be required to file a tax return

You also must file an individual income tax return and submit a Form 8962 to claim the premium tax credit, even if no advance payments of the premium tax credit were made for your coverage. For more information, see the instructions to Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.

You can enter your personal information into the TurboTax program by selecting "Personal Info" tab and "Continue", and follow the prompts to enter your information.

You can enter your Form 1095-A information into TurboTax by 

This will take you to your entry screen for your Form 1095-A.  Follow the prompts to enter your information.  Do not enter any zeros.  Leave it blank instead.

Click here for "Where Do I Enter Form 1095-A?"

Click here for additional information regarding Form 1095-A.

Click here for "What is Form 1095-A?"

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies