Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can someone take a look at these paper forms 1099-nec and 1098 I filled out to make sure they are correct before I mail them back to the IRS?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Can someone take a look at these paper forms 1099-nec and 1098 I filled out to make sure they are correct before I mail them back to the IRS?

We can't see any forms/documents in this forum.  However, unless you are a business and/or a loan servicing company or school you would not normally be filling out these forms.  If you received a letter from the IRS requesting a copy of these forms you would make a copy of the forms you received from the payor (1099-NEC) that you did work for and the mortgage/bank that services your mortgage (1098) or the school you attended (1098-T) or the servicer of your student loan (1098-E).  There should not be anything that needs to be checked over. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well actually I attempted to file thru turbotax but due an ongoing issue where the father of my child has continously claimed my son when we have a ongoing TPO on him in which he does not see, speak or finically have anything to do with my child in which I disclosed to my tax preparer before ever fileing in which she choose to try and efile my taxes anyways only to get a rejection code as I figured she would, and she then proceeded to inform me that I needed to paper file on my own and go personally to the IRS and prove my son was in my custody and only after I paid turbotax their fileing fee would she release my paper taxes to me. So I printed out what she had sent me to sign on efile and took them to the free Tax prep near me since I am ranked below the poverty line according to my AGI and they told me to send in what I had printed as well as proof my son was in my custody in which I did and then the IRS sent me in the mail a PAPER 1099-NED AND 1098 form in which I filled out based off my 1099s from my job and was just wanting to insure I had done so correctly 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You best option to help ensure you are providing what the IRS is requesting is to contact your local Tax Advocacy Office; likely the Low income taxpayer clinic you used to file.  Here is a link to help you find the nearest office.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Generally your employer provides several copies of 1099-NEC and W-2 to you.

One is marked "copy for IRS".

If you make up a copy yourself, even if the amounts shown are all correct, IRS may have issues with that.

@jasmine2323- 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies