Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use turbotax to get my refund J1 Visa?

I worked in Colorado in the 2019-2020 winter season  (from December 6th,2019 to March 15th, 2020) and I am from Argentina

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax does not support 1040NR and therefore you can not use TurboTax to file taxes. 

You are considered a non-resident for tax purposes during the first two years of your J1 visa.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Turbotax does not support 1040NR and therefore you can not use TurboTax to file taxes. 

You are considered a non-resident for tax purposes during the first two years of your J1 visa.

I had already been before in US in the period of December 10th, 2016 to March 15th,  2017. Therefore, am I considered resisdent for tax purposes? (As it is said in the best answer to this question: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-was-a-j1-visa-holder-for-tax-year-2018-and-i-am...)

elifd4

Hello I sent the file and I'm non resident aliens and I have to delete it.Im trying to delete but I have already added my payment information.It will be problem for me on my next visa day because they will see my son number.Please help mee

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Once it's submitted to the IRS, there is no way to get it back. We cannot flag it once it has been submitted. 

@elifd4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies