Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jennyoz

Can I transfer 2016 tax data from mac to a windows 10 laptop for 2017 taxes? How? I need to know before buying.

I need to know if I can go from mac to pc, and transfer tax data. And I need to know how before downloading Turbo Tax 2017 to my windows 10 laptop.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Can I transfer 2016 tax data from mac to a windows 10 laptop for 2017 taxes? How? I need to know before buying.

Assuming you completed your 2016 return with the CD version you installed on your computer, search for the file ending with a .tax2016 filename extension. Then after you install the program on the windows computer and *before* you start the program the first, time, place that .tax2016 file in the documents/turbotax directory on the windows computer.

What f I didn’t use CD but downloaded the program
Carl
Level 15

If you had to physically install the program on your computer, be it from a CD or from an installation file you downloaded, and if you can start the program on your computer while your computer is physically disconnected from the Internet, then you are using the Cd/Desktop version of the program.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies