Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I still send extra tax payments? I missed sending in 1040 ES payment voucher and would like to make tax payment to avoid an underpayment penalty next year.

Can I still use Voucher 4 due Jan 15, 2025 and pay $1544 ($386 x 4) since I did not pay Vouchers 1-3?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I still send extra tax payments? I missed sending in 1040 ES payment voucher and would like to make tax payment to avoid an underpayment penalty next year.

Yes.  Pay as soon as possible.  Or you can pay directly on the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/payments

Be sure to pick the right kind of payment and year.....2024 Estimate

sorry for some reasom I thought you wer alking about estimates for Illinois. for fedeal basically the same rules apply for federal

depending on your 2024 Federal tax, you could still have a penalty for failure to make estimates the first 3 quarters.

if you have Federal withholding that could be increased for the year to make you penalty proof (100% of 2023 tax AGI less than $150K). even though the withholding would occur late in the year, under Federal law 1/4 of the total can be assumed to have been paid each period. This is not true with estimates. They only count on the date of payment.  

@Mike9241   Am I missing something?  I don’t see anything about Illinois in the question or in their profile.

correct no illinois mentioned. i was giving an example.  OP has multiple non-resident states. just showing that Turbotax may not handle state passive loss carryovers that differ from the federal 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies