Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I still file 2022 tax on Turbo Tax Online if I miss the extension deadline today on the 16th? What time today in what time zone is the cut off?

I'm stuck on some crypto calculations. (my issue here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/csv-upload-for-crypto-transactions-not-working-pr... )

and wondering I should file late. I'm sure I've overpaid so I'm okay on that front. I really do want to make sure I file through TT online so all the data I've entered is on the online system and don't want to get locked out from doing so. 

If I'll be allowed to file 2022 tax on Turbo Tax Online if I miss the extension deadline today on the 16th, I'd like to know how much time I would have. If not, what time today in what time zone is the cut off?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can I still file 2022 tax on Turbo Tax Online if I miss the extension deadline today on the 16th? What time today in what time zone is the cut off?

Midnight tonight in YOUR time zone is the cutoff.    If you have not e-filed an original 2022 return by then, you will need to use the CD/download on a full PC or Mac to finish preparing your return and it will have to be filed by mail.   If you e-file by the deadline and the return is rejected by the IRS you get a few extra days to fix the mistakes and re-file via e-file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies