Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I receive a 3rd EIP extension from the IRS if their toll free number always disconnected me?

The IRS letters received stated I qualified for this payment.  Turbo tax stated my federal form for $1400. IRS amended refund to $0.  I couldn’t ever get an agent to help me
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Can I receive a 3rd EIP extension from the IRS if their toll free number always disconnected me?

Is it letter 6475?  That is telling you how much they sent you last year for the 3rd Stimulus payment.  If you are married each spouse should get a letter for half.

Double check your bank statements and Check your IRS account (both accounts if married)

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

If the IRS thinks they sent it to you but you didn't get it request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

I am single.

01/24/22. Per Turbo Tax, Federal return accepted for $1400 

02/14/22:  Received IRS letter 6475 for issuance of 2021 third EIP for $1400. 

02/28/22. Received IRS Notice name CP13. Problem with the tax calculation, payments and credit section.  Please send Contact before 04/29/22 to dispute.  I no nothing of filing returns.  I was hoping TurboTax could 

As mentioned elsewhere the IRS is now including a drop-dead date to dispute the adjustment of your tax return without paying.

For Rebate Credit errors ( and most other taxpayer situations), that just delays the inevitable.

You already got the EIP3, you can't get it twice.

@beathea1123-gmai 

There is nothing more for you to do, except pay if IRS sent you a bill.

Thanks.  But I DO NOT OWE THE IRS. There was some info that was filled out in error and miscalculated.  That’s the issue.  Whenever I tried The 800 contact number that dealt with the error, I would get transferred to another extension that did not receive calls.  Never.  Ever.  If TurboTax can’t or won’t help-could you just please give me the correct form to submit (if there is one) for an extension to try and find out the remedy so I can get my $1400 that President Biden letter said was mine. Please. Thanks 

$1400

So the IRS changed your 1400 refund to 0?   That's because their records show they already sent it to you.  Double check your bank account.  They sent it out last March 2021 to May or later.  

If the IRS thinks they already sent it to you but you didn't get it request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

If you  filed a 2020 tax return solely for the purpose of getting the Rebate Credit,

and then the IRS adjusted it away.

your refund will be zero and so will your tax.

That's the end of the matter.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies