Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
savanna97raelynn

Can i list my husband as head of household (we are filing jointly)

No, you cannot file a return as Head of Household if you are married and living together.  And a spouse is Never claimed as a dependent.

You can only file a return as Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately.  You would want to file as MFJ even if one spouse has little or no income.  You receive the highest standard deduction of $12,700 and you each receive a personal exemption of $4,050