Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

can I import H&R Block 2022 data into my 2023 Turbotax? I've got tax-loss carryforwards

Greetings  -  I've got a PC, and have been using H&R block software to do my returns.

I want to get 2023 Turbotax Home and Business for 2023.

My question; will it "pull" (transfer, etc) all my prior data from my H&R Block software?  I have various tax-loss data on my 2022 H&R Block software that is essential for my 2023 return.

I'm assuming the answer is "yes" but if you could advise, I'd appreciate that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

can I import H&R Block 2022 data into my 2023 Turbotax? I've got tax-loss carryforwards

Do you have a pdf file from HR Block?  You can transfer from H&R Block or TaxACT PDFs  into TurboTax for Windows.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/transfer-last-y...

But be aware transferring from a pdf only transfers basics info like name, address, ssn and AGI.

that assumes I transfer a pdf file, and evidently it will not transfer tax loss carryforwards

is there another way to transfer the information?  or is pdf the ONLY way?

I'm not sure.  It might be different if you are using Turbo Tax online or the Desktop program.  Does a HR Block file end in .t22?  In the Desktop program when you start a new return see if you can transfer the .t22 file.   Go to Browse and find the file.  I'm looking for a Turbo Tax article.  They change the FAQ links every year.

Ok try this one.  Open the section on Transferring from Turbo Tax Desktop for Windows, HR Block or TaxAct.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/transfer-last-y... 

yes, it's a T22 file

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies